Thursday, April 4, 2013

Celeb Style Inspirations

 
Lately, I've been trying to step up my game on style a bit more, and it's boosted my confidence to wear things that I feel great in. (I'm often prone to be a little sloppy, particularly since I'd much rather funnel my extra money into books and eating out with friends than shoes and skirts.) 
 
As Style-Spiration, shall we say, I've gone over a few of my favorite celebrities, and picked out a few that really embody the type of style that I'd like to have. First, we have....
 
Taylor Swift
 
 


 
My favorite thing about Taylor Swift is how even a simple shirt and jeans look expensive and classy on her. She never opts for a vintage tee and ratty shorts. She always looks very simple, but very clean, elegant, and refined. She loves a chic, belted dress (as do I) and apparently has a fondness for handbags, since she's carrying a different bag in almost every picture. While some of her style may be a teeny bit too girly for my taste (see: the high socks in the middle of the three-set picture), I still think she's a really chic dresser, and she's someone I hope to emulate.
 
Kate Winslet
 
 




 
I absolutely adore Kate as an actress (I've seen almost all of her movies,) but I love, LOVE seeing what she wears to premieres, and even out on the town. Kate is this glorious mixture of sophisticated and absolute bombshell. She tends to like rich colors, like I do, in shades of black, white, blue, red, and gray, and her clothes always fit her like a glove. She conveys a remarkable confidence with her simple, yet dramatic style. LOVE it.
 
The Duchess of Cambridge: Kate Middleton
 







 
Words cannot even describe the obsession/crush/semi-fanatic love I have for this woman. The Princess is far and away my favorite 'celebrity' and not only because she's a freakin' Princess who happens to look like Belle. I love her charitable nature, her elegance, her easy attitude, and her seemingly effortless way of greeting people. Once 'a commoner' herself, the Duchess seems very kind, relatable, and truly a People's Princess, much like Prince William's dear mother, Princess Diana. With all that said, I do have the biggest crush on the Duchess' wardrobe. She manages to be modest, so as not to draw attention to herself or away from the point at hand, but is also modern, elegant, chic, and sometimes even sexy. She has a minimalist style that I absolutely envy, and she always looks polished and beautiful. *sigh*
 
Adele
 


 
As you can see, mostly what I love about Adele is her amazing, retro makeup. (Not that she isn't a snappy dress- girl can rock a sparkly black gown better than anyone I've ever known of.) But my favorite thing about Adele is her makeup style- retro, chic, and always featuring a dramatic set of lashes, which is definitely my beauty weaknes. I love a red lip and dramatic eyelashes, and Adele does it so well.
 
Michelle Williams
 

 
Another celebrity whose beauty-regiment I admire is Michelle Williams, who constantly seems to glow from the inside out. She keeps things simply and glowy, but usually has a sparkling lip to go with it. How DOES she get her skin to do that?
 
More Beauty Looks: Kate, Katy, and Kate
 


 
 
Why can't we all afford a personal stylist?

No comments:

Post a Comment