Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Quote Challenge

Favorite Quote:
"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human being is the most valuable thing in the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I would fight against: any religion or government that limits or destroys the individual. This is who I am, and what I am about."- John Steinbeck

A Quote About Love
"And remember the truth that once was spoken: to love another person is to see the face of God."- Victor Hugo

"We accept the love we think we deserve."- Steven Chbosky

"I don't ask you to love me always like this, but I ask you to remember: somewhere inside me, there'll always be the person I am tonight." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"I am nothing special. Just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect, I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who has ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough."- Nicholas Sparks

"How gorgeous a thought, that I am right here beside you, and always will be!"- Tyler Knott Gregson

A Quote About Friendship
"Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of time. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it is all over."- Gloria Naylor

"Friendship is born in that moment when one person says to another, 'What? You too? I thought I was the only one.'"- C.S. Lewis

A Quote About Family/Home"Show me a family of readers, and I will show you the people who move the world."- Napoleon Bonaparte

"Peace and rest at length have come, all the day's long toil is past! And each heart is whispering, 'Home. Home at last."- Thomas Hood

"Wherever you are is my home."- Charlotte Bronte

A Quote About the Future
"May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself."- Neil Gaimon

A Quote About Life
"It's the oldest story in the world. One day, you're 17 and planning for someday, and then quietly, without you ever really noticing, someday is today, and that someday is yesterday and this is your life."- Nathan Scott

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" -Mary Oliver

"I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."- F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Don't ask for guarantees. And don't look to be saved in any one thing, person, machine, or library. Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were headed for shore."- Ray Bradbury

An Inspirational Quote
"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."- Tom Hardy, Inception

A Quote from an Actor/Actress
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together."- Elizabeth Taylor

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist."- Tina Fey

A Quote About Drinking
"Clearly, the truth I am sinking is not in the drink, but in me."- Marcel Proust

"Ho ho ho, to the bottle I go! To heal my heart and drown my woe. Rain may fall and wind may blow, and many miles be still I to go. But under a tall tree will I lie, and let the clouds go sailing by."- J.R.R. Tolkien

A Quote from a Solo Artist
"Part of me suspects I'm a loser. The other part thinks I'm God Almighty."- John Lennon

A Quote from a Band Member"And I am a writer of fictions. I am the heart that you call home. And I've written pages upon pages trying to rid you from my bones."- The Decemberists


A Quote About Fashion/Style
"My God, let us be elegant or die."- Louisa May Alcott


A Quote from a Book
"Sometimes, immersed in books, there would come to him the awareness of all he did not know, of all that he had not read, and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know."- John Williams, Stoner

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?"- Albus Dumbledore, The Harry Potter Series

"There must be something in books, something we can't image, to make a woman stay in a burning house. There must be something there. You don't stay for nothing."- Ray Bradbury

A Quote from Your Favorite Author"If we listened to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go in business becuase we'd be cynical. 'It's gonna go wrong.' Or 'She's going to hurt me.' Or 'I've had a couple of bad love affairs, so therefore..' Well, that's nonsense. You're going to miss life. You've got to jump off the cliff and build your wings on the way down."- Ray Bradbury

"How much of my brain is willfully my own? How much is not a rubber stamp of what I have read and heard and lived? Sure, I make sort of synthesis of what I come across, but is that all that differentiates me froma nother person?"- Sylvia Plath

"I wish you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul."- Charles Dickens

"I believe that there is one story in the world, and only one. Humans are caught- in their lives, in their thoguhts, in their hungers and ambitions, in their avarice and cruelty, and in their kindness and generosity too- in a net of good and evil. There is no other story. A man, after he has brushed off the dust and chips of his life, will have left only the hard, clean question: was it good or was it evil? Have I done well- or ill?"- John Steinbeck

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."- Anais Nin

A Quote from a Movie
"I know who you are. I love you. I love everything about you that hurts."- Clive Owen, Closer

"That ain't no Etch-a Sketch. This is one doodle that can't be undid, homeskillet."- Juno

A Quote from a TV Show
"You're a woman with a brain and reasonable ability. Stop whining and find something to do."- Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

Quote your Favorite Lyrics
"Love, it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free."- Mumford and Sons

Quote from a Headstrong Female
"I am no bird, and no net ensnares me. I am a free human being with an independent will, which I now exert to leave you."- Charlotte Bronte

"Now that I have money and power and I don't need you, you go to hell!"- Scarlett O'Hara

A Quote You Would Write on Your Bedroom Wall
"I feel so intensely the delights of shutting oneself up in a little world of one's own, with pictures and music and everything beautiful."- Virginia Woolf

A Quote you Would Want Inscribed on Your Wedding Ring
"I want you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul."- Charles Dickens

"You are my world, and I am yours, and together, we shall move the universe."- Anonymous

A Quote that Reminds You of Someone
"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library."- Jane Austen.

Your Favorite Disney Quote
"The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up."- Dumbo
"If you don't think, then you shouldn't talk."- Alice in Wonderland

"No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing the dream that you wish will come true!"- Cinderella

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are, and so forgotten me. Look inside yourself, Simba. You are more than what you have become."- The Lion King

A Quote that Makes You Smile
"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales."- Albert Einstein


A Quote that Reminds You of Sadness
"What fine weather today! Can't choose whether to drink tea or hang myself."- Anton Chekhov

"I hope no one who reads this book has ever been quite as miserable as Susan and Lucy were that night; but if you have been- if you have been up all night and cried til you have no more tears left in you- you will know that there comes a sort of quietness. You feel as if nothing is ever going to happen again."- C.S.Lewis

"Should I outlive this anguish- and men do- I shall have only good to say of you."- Edna St. Vincent Millay

"Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I am not living."- Jonathan Safron Foer

A Quote that Describes You
"She had a lively, playful disposition which delighted in anything ridiculous."- Jane Austen

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths, and a great fear of shallow living."- Anais Nin

"I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable and beautiful and afraid of nothing, as if I had wings!"- Mary Oliver

"I'm going to read what I want and listen to what I want and I'm going to look at paintings and watch French films, and I'm going to talk to people who know lots about lots."- Carey Mulligan

"Give a man a mask, and he will tell you the truth."- Oscar Wilde

"I am a series of small victories and large defeats, and I am as amazed as any other that I have gotten from there to here."- Charles Bukowski

"It is a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind."- Nagulb Mahfouz

"Everything interests me, but nothing holds me."- Fernando Pessoa

The First Quote You Saw Today
"You can bury what you like, but if it's still alive when you bury it, don't hope for a quiet life."- Jeanette Winterson

Whatever Quote You Like
"We are all mortal until the first kiss and the second glass of wine."- Eduardo Galeano

No comments:

Post a Comment